Christmas & New Year’s Eve
Family Ski Holidays in the Pitztal Valley
Celebrate Christmas and New Year’s Eve at Andy Hotel Apartment Wellness in Jerzens
Christmas at Andy Hotel Apartment Wellness is perfect to zone out and spend time with your loved ones. During the day, small and large guests engage in winter activities on and off the slopes of the Hochzeiger ski area. In the evenings, guests spend relaxing hours in our spa area, in the restaurant or in your cozy apartment. On request, we will be happy to place a decorated Christmas tree in your room against a small fee. Spending Christmas and New Year at Andy also means no pressure, no cooking or last minute shopping. The whole family can just relax and unwind.
Traditional and festive Christmas in the Pitztal Valley
On Christmas Eve we offer a torch walk to the Christmas crib in Kaitanger where we will enjoy mulled wine and punch. After returning to the hotel, guests can spend their evening just as they like. In the hotel lobby there will be a decorated Christmas tree where the “Christ Child” can leave presents and the adjacent restaurant offers a delicious Christmas menu. Or you can celebrate in your apartment and enjoy the family time. Everything is possible at Andy!
Choose for yourself how to ring in the New Year: Enjoy a delicious menu in one of the surrounding restaurants, prepare a fine dinner in your apartment or celebrate the turn of the year in a mountain hut – just as you wish. At midnight, fireworks will be discharged from the parking lot in front of the hotel to greet the New Year – you are welcome to join. Throughout the evening, the bar is a favourite meeting place for our guests to enjoy convivial conversation, or if you prefer, you can enjoy the excitement from your balcony, enjoying a glass of fine wine.
Ski Area Hochzeiger in Tirol: Skiing fun for the whole family
The Pitztal valley is a desirable destination for families. The family-friendly ski area Hochzeiger is perfect for little and large winter sports enthusiasts. The ski school Hochzeiger-Pitztal offers skiing and snowboarding lessons for all ages and abilities. Professional skiing instructors teach children from the age of 3 years, offering private or group lessons, or guide freeriders and backcountry skiers off-piste. Andy Hotel Apartment Wellness is located directly at the valley station of the Hochzeiger cable car. Sports shops renting and selling equipment are just a few minutes away. There’s no need to drag your equipment long distances to the slopes. You can leave your skis at home and test new equipment every day.
Pitztal valley ski areas at a glance:
- Ski area Hochzeiger in Jerzens with 50 km pistes, 9 ski lifts, snow park, natural toboggan run, trails for winter hiking.
- Austria’s highest elevation ski areas Pitztal Glacier & Rifflsee: 40 km of pistes, 30 minutes drive from Andy. Guests can use the bus free of charge.
- The Pitz RegioCard is your ticket to all ski resorts of the Pitztal valley. All ski passes can be obtained directly at the hotel reception.
Skiing is not the only fun activity for families in winter. Pitztal valley offers 70 kilometres of perfectly groomed cross-country skiing trails including high-altitude trails on the Pitztal Glacier. Guests can take in the peaceful winter scenery during a snowshoe hike or a romantic horse sleigh ride, or go ice-skating in Jerzens, Arzl or Wenns. The Olympic town of Innsbruck is just an hour’s drive away and a great excursion for the whole family. Winter holidays in Jerzens guarantee fun-filled days for all generations!
Ski Areas in the Pitztal
- Ski area Hochzeiger in Jerzens with 50 km of slopes, 9 ski lifts, snow park, natural toboggan run, trails for winter hiking.
- Free bus service to Austria’s highest ski area Pitztaler Glacier & Rifflsee: 40 km of slopes, 12 km high-altitude cross-country skiing trails.
- Glacier Park Card Ski & Snow Winter: 1 ski pass – 6 ski areas – 76 slopes in altitudes of 1,000 to 3,440 metres – 121.5 km of slopes.
Ski Holidays in Jerzens in Tirol
- Snow-sure on high altitudes of 1,500 to 2,500 metres
- 50 km pistes with snow making capability
- 9 modern cable cars & ski lifts, ski depot
- Doorstep skiing, no need to drag equipment long distances
- Ski school and ski rental within walking distance
- Childcare at ski schools
- Cozy mountain huts, restaurants and après ski