Spring Skiing in Austria
Pitztal in Tirol: The sunny side of life
After the short winter days everybody is looking forward to the warm rays of sunlight. In March and April the conditions in Jerzens in the Pitztal valley are perfect for spring skiing, attracting leisure skiers and nature lovers.
The patios of the restaurants and mountain huts in the ski area Hochzeiger invite to take a lazy break in the sun. At an altitude of 1,500 metres above sea level, the sunny high plateau of Jerzens is ideal for winter sports at this time of the year.
The Pitztal ski regions at a glance:
- Hochzeiger ski area: doorstep skiing on more than 50 kilometres of perfectly groomed pistes
- Skiing & freeride area Pitztal Glacier & Rifflsee: only 30 minutes from Jerzens. High-altitude skiing on elevations up to 3,440 metres. The free shuttle bus takes you to the valley station and back to Jerzens.
- Ski area Hoch-Imst: small-scale skiing area, very family-friendly
- Ski touring and freeriding in the Hochzeiger ski area, in the nature park Kaunergrat or Pitztal Glacier. Our tip: A ski tour up the K2 with 1,200 metres elevation loss on descending
- Ski passes can be obtained at our hotel reception
- Ski school and ski rental are just a few metres from Andy Hotel Apartment Wellness
Ski in / Ski out at Andy Hotel Apartment Wellness in Jerzens
Skiing holidays at Andy are perfect for those who want to be the first on the pistes. The hotel is located directly at the valley station of the ski area Hochzeiger. After a sumptuous breakfast just put on your skis and head up the mountain.
The Hochzeiger ski region boasts 54 kilometres of perfectly groomed pistes of all levels of difficulty. 9 comfortable top-modern lifts take you up the mountains up to 2,500 metres above sea level. The ski area offers steep descents, mogul pistes, wide slopes and the snowpark Hochzeiger for boarders and freestylers. Snow conditions are perfect until the end of April.
There’s just as much fun off the slopes. How about tobogganing on the 6-kilometre toboggan run which is illuminated at night or a leisurely winter hike? The region offers a diverse range of outdoor activities for nature lovers off the ski pistes.
Mountain huts, après ski and entertainment
Ready for a break? The Hochzeiger ski region is perfect to enjoy local culinary traditions. The Zeiger restaurant, Tanzalm-Jerzner Alm, Hochzeigerhaus and the Stalder Hütte offer an exquisite and varied cuisine which meets the highest culinary standards.
The hotel’s own “Egger-Lounge” is located just opposite the Andy. Traditional and stylish at the same time, it’s the hot spot for all après ski fans.
Ski holidays at Andy Hotel Apartment Wellness in Jerzens
Ski holidays at Andy blend the enjoyment of the great outdoors with the amenities of a top-notch hotel. The perfect choice for nature lovers, winter sport enthusiasts and connoisseurs. Indulge in rest and relaxation in our spa, let us treat you to culinary delights paired with the finest wines from our well-stocked cellars. Enjoy the finer things in life!
Ski Areas in the Pitztal
- Ski area Hochzeiger in Jerzens with 50 km of slopes, 9 ski lifts, snow park, natural toboggan run, trails for winter hiking.
- Free bus service to Austria’s highest ski area Pitztaler Glacier & Rifflsee: 40 km of slopes, 12 km high-altitude cross-country skiing trails.
- Glacier Park Card Ski & Snow Winter: 1 ski pass – 6 ski areas – 76 slopes in altitudes of 1,000 to 3,440 metres – 121.5 km of slopes.
Ski Holidays in Jerzens in Tirol
- Snow-sure on high altitudes of 1,500 to 2,500 metres
- 50 km pistes with snow making capability
- 9 modern cable cars & ski lifts, ski depot
- Doorstep skiing, no need to drag equipment long distances
- Ski school and ski rental within walking distance
- Childcare at ski schools
- Cozy mountain huts, restaurants and après ski