Pitzi, powder & pistes: Skiing fun for the whole family in the Pitztal valley in Tirol
Finding the perfect spot for family skiing can be quite a challenge. Small children want to go tobogganing, youngsters want to practice new jumps in the swowpark, and the parents are looking for a varied terrain for leisurely skiing. The Hochzeiger skiing area in Jerzens is one of the most snow-sure areas in the Alps and offers fun for the whole family.
Children are well looked after in the ski school Hochzeiger-Pitztal, spending fun-filled days building igloos and snowmen, following animal tracks in the snow and much more. Of course the little ones can learn how to ski or slide down the mountain on sliding plates. The parents can go skiing on their own, knowing their children are well cared-for.
Hotel Andy is just a few minutes from the valley station of the Hochzeiger cable car. The Pitztal Glacier & Rifflsee ski resort are just 30 minutes away. Every day you can pick your favourite skiing area. Owners of a valid ski pass can take the free shuttle bus to the Pitztal Glacier and back.
Family skiing area Hochzeiger in Jerzens:
- Skiing on more than 50 kilometres groomed pistes, 9 top modern lifts
- Quaint mountain huts and restaurants
- Children up to the age of 10 years ride free when accompanied by an adult
- Reduced ski pass price for children aged 10 to 15 years
- 6 km toboggan run on the Hochzeiger mountain
- Exciting excursions and piste-basher rides
- 300 metre snow park for youngsters
- Ski school Hochzeiger offering skiing lessons for the whole family
Skiing with mascot Pitzi
Fun always comes first while the qualified skiing instructors and Pitzi, the mascot of the ski school Jerzens-Pitztal, teach small children aged 3 to 6 years how to ski.
Pitzi’s fun activities for small skiers:
- qualified skiing instructors teach children aged 3 to 6 years how to ski
- main focus is on outdoor activities and fun in the group
- in the mornings the children learn how to ski
- in the afternoons children engage in fun activities like building igloos and snowmen, tracking animals in the snow, etc.
- 2 hours skiing lessons per day
- Activities like building igloos and snowmen, riding on sliding plates, snowshoeing, ski race, Pitzi party
- Equipment like toboggan, snowshoes, etc. (not included: winter clothing, cap and gloves, skiing equipment)
- Lunch optional against fee
mornings from 10:00 to 12:00 h, afternoons from 13:45 to 15:45 h
Price for 3 days: EUR 159,00
Lots of fun and services for children at Hotel Andy
After returning to the hotel after a fun day out in the snow, the family can decide whether they would like to dine together or if the kids would rather stay among themselves.
Children are well cared-for at Hotel Andy. We offer childcare from Sunday to Friday, from 17.00 to 21.00 h. Parents can enjoy a romantic dinner while the little ones have fun at the children’s buffet and playing.
Hotel Andy offers a children’s buffet, a large playroom, as well as a children’s sauna and steam room. Outdoors the Pitztal valley is an adventure playground for all ages.
Ice skating, a romantic sleigh ride, snowshoeing through the powder snow, ice stock sports or how about an excursion to Tirol’s capital Innsbruck? Family skiing holidays in Jerzens are fun for the whole family!