Spring Skiing in Austria
Late season skiing in the Pitztal Valley
The best time for skiers who aren’t quite ready to give up the joys of winter fun. It may officially be spring but now is the best time to be skiing in Tirol. Due to its high altitude of 1,500 metres, the ski area Hochzeiger is snow-secure until the end of April. The perfect opportunity to carve down the near empty slopes and enjoy winter at its best.
Many winter sports enthusiasts prefer the end of the winter season to go skiing. The mild temperatures invite to sit outside and take in the splendid view over the white summits while soaking up the sun.
What is so special about the ski finish in the Pitztal valley?
- The ski area Hochzeiger is absolutely snow-sure until the end of April
- Austria’s highest elevation ski region Pitztal Glacier is only 30 minutes from Andy Hotel Apartment Wellness and it is open until mid-May
- Ski region Hoch-Imst is open until mid-March
- Great events like the “Mountain Event Hochzeiger”, the fabulous ski show “Fire & Ice” in Jerzens, 3rd Geo caching in St. Leonhard, the Pitztal snow festival and many more
- The big run on the ski areas is over, it is quiet and the slopes are near empty
End of winter in Jerzens – an unforgettable experience
While the valleys see the first spring flowers blooming, the guests of the 4* superior hotel Andy are still out skiing. It may still be winter outside, but spring is in the air. The temperatures are rising and migrant birds are returning.
Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, winter hiking. Ice skating and ice stock sports. Riding or carriage rides. There’s an abundance of outdoor activities to engage in. Our friendly team will happily share their insider knowledge where to go tobogganing, ski touring and freeriding.
Easter holidays in the Pitztal valley
Will the mountain hare be the the Easter bunny in Jerzens?
Spend your Easter holidays with your family at Andy Hotel Apartment Wellness. No matter if you prefer the outdoors or if you want to relax at the hotel and spend time with your loved ones. Until Easter we offer childcare from 17.00 to 21.00 at the hotel. Children can enjoy the large playroom, the family sauna and steam bath and the indoor swimming pool.
Couples and guests who seek peace and quiet, will find rest and relaxation in our spa area. Finish the winter season at Andy and look forward to spring skiing on the sunny plateau of Jerzens in the Pitztal valley.
Ski Areas in the Pitztal
- Ski area Hochzeiger in Jerzens with 50 km of slopes, 9 ski lifts, snow park, natural toboggan run, trails for winter hiking.
- Free bus service to Austria’s highest ski area Pitztaler Glacier & Rifflsee: 40 km of slopes, 12 km high-altitude cross-country skiing trails.
- Glacier Park Card Ski & Snow Winter: 1 ski pass – 6 ski areas – 76 slopes in altitudes of 1,000 to 3,440 metres – 121.5 km of slopes.
Ski Holidays in Jerzens in Tirol
- Snow-sure on high altitudes of 1,500 to 2,500 metres
- 50 km pistes with snow making capability
- 9 modern cable cars & ski lifts, ski depot
- Doorstep skiing, no need to drag equipment long distances
- Ski school and ski rental within walking distance
- Childcare at ski schools
- Cozy mountain huts, restaurants and après ski