Family Mountain Summer in Tirol
Family Holidays in the Pitztal valley: Childcare in summer
Families with children are very welcome at Hotel Andy. Our spacious rooms and suites offer plenty of room to relax. In summer, children are automatically members of the Pitzi’s Children’s Club, which includes free childcare from end of June until mid-October, from Monday to Friday 09.00 – 17.00h (approx. 300 metres from the hotel).
Pitzi’s Children’s Club:
“Minis” (4 – 6 years) and “Maxis” (7 – 14 years) can expect lots of fun and action in a versatile summer programme from Monday to Friday.
Climbing, flying fox, riddles, games, teamwork … there’s an abundance of adventures to engage in.
- Free for all children staying at Hotel Andy
- Additional services (cable car tickets, tennis courts, etc.) are not included in the leisure pass.
Children at Hotel Andy – Holidays for the whole family
Children are well catered for at Hotel Andy. We offer a large children’s playroom, a children’s buffet or a separate children’s menu with beverages and everything that children like. Our wellness and spa area offers a separate family sauna and steam bath. Outdoors the Pitztal valley is an adventure playground for the whole family.
Activity Highlights for children in the Pitztal valley
Geocaching – treasure hunting fun for young and old
Geocaching is a great way to encourage kids to get out and about in the fresh air and getting a good bit of exercise. It’s a modern, high-tech take on a treasure hunt where you track the coordinates on a smartphone app or GPS to find hidden boxes, known as “caches” Explore the Pitztal valley with your friends and family and discover the most scenic places during this fun activity.
Pitz Park in Wenns, Pitztal – Leisure park with natural swimming pond and playground
The park offers a natural swimming pond with a surface of 1050 m², a large playground, beach volleyball and soccer field.
The ZirbenPark at Hochzeiger
The discovery tour of the Swiss stone pine forest starts directly at Hotel Andy with the ascending trail to the middle station of the Hochzeiger cable car.
Explore the ZirbenPark during a fascinating loop trail:
- The ZirbenPark adventure trail (approx. 1 km) starts at the Hochzeiger middle station, follows towards Zollberg and leads back to the Hochzeiger middle station – restaurant through the Swiss stone pine forest via the Tanzalm mountain hut. In the ZirbenPark you will learn everything about the Swiss stone pine at the various stations.
- The highlight of the ZirbenPark is the ZirbenZapfen adventure tower: The 12-metre-high adventure tower is equipped with a viewing platform and a 16-metre-long tube slide. There is also a small pine-cone shaped tower for climbing and a tunnel.
- Fun Factor at the ZirbenPark: Planting swiss stone pine cones, balancing, climbing, jumping into the hay, visiting the petting zoo, planing chips for your own Swiss stone pine pillow or participating in a quiz – entertainment options at the ZirbenPark are versatile.
More fun activities for children
- High rope course XP adventure park
- Flying Fox
- Recreation area Klausboden
- Themed wildlife trail
- (Indoor) playgrounds
- Horseback riding & horse carriage rides
- Natur park visitor centre with bog nature trail
- Benni Raich bridge
- Pitzi treasure hunt at Rifflsee, Hochzeiger and nature park visitor centre
- Kids exloring nature
- Tiefental Alm themed trail
- Alpine Coaster
- Visit of the earth pyramides
- Visit of the Klockele waterfalls (illuminated at night)
- Stuiben waterfall
- Visit of alpine dairies
- Collecting hiking stamps (hiking needle)
Summer Ticket Glacier Park Card
The highlight in the Pitztal mountain summer: Includes use of all cable cars in the glacier park, the glacier toll road, as well as entry to various partners and numerous discounts.
Pitztal Leisure Pass
Make the most of your holidays in the Pitztal valley and take advantage of the versatile summer programme.
Holders of the Pitztal Leisure Pass can engage in an abundance of activities and enjoy many benefits from mid-June to October, Monday to Friday. The Pitztal Leisure Pass is available at our reception against a fee of € 5.
- Guided hikes and special family hiking tours of the Pitztal Tourist Board
- Guided mountain bike tours (rental bike and helmet not inclusive)
- Summer programme of the Nature Park Kaunergrat
- Pitzi’s Children’s Club with children’s programme for minis (3-6 years) and maxis (7-14 years)
- Taster trail running
- Indoor boulder climbing courses at the Kletterstadl Stillebach
- Discounts at many partner providers [PDF: Leisure Pass Discounts 2018]